The one, who seeks gnosis, vision (Deedar) and esoteric knowledge of Allah is called seeker of Allah. Moreover, his desire is called Divine seeking (Talb-e-Maula i.e. desire to find and see Allah). In addition, other names of seeker include Saalik (traveller of the mystic path), Talib or Murid (disciple or devotee).
Categories of Seeker
Furthermore, there are three categories of people in this world based on their wishes and intensions:
Seekers of the World (Talib-e-Dunya)
This category include those who use their knowledge and skills and expertise for material world. Moreover, they perform devotions and invocate for gaining of worldly respect and pleasures. Hence, it becomes the aim of their life.
Seekers of the Hereafter (Talib-e-Uqba)
Their aim is to make their life of the hereafter happy. For them, the real success is to get rid of the fire of Hell and to get bounties of the paradise. In short, their devotions, mystic exercises, piety, fasting and prayers aimed at achieving a happy life in the hereafter. Therefore, this is the only objective of life and the true success.
Seekers of Allah (Talib-e-Maula)
Conversely, they perform devotion to seek vision, closeness (Qurb) and union (Visal) of Allah. Neither, they seek of pleasures of this world nor of bounties of paradise. Hence, they are the seekers and lovers of Allah only. Thence, they give up desires of both the worlds for Divine vision.
Mystics (Arifeen) always advise to become the seekers of Allah.
- The status of these three groups have been described in the following Qudsi Hadith:
طَاْلِبُ الْدُّنْیَا مُخَنَّثٌ وَ طَاْلِبُ الْعُقْبٰی مُؤَنَّثٌ وَ طَاْلِبُ الْمُولٰی مُذَکِّرٌ
Meaning: The seeker of this world is bisexual (She male). The seeker of heaven is a woman (female). Whereas the seeker of Allah is the man (male).
Who is a Real Man?
Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo says:
Who is a real man? The one who desires nothing but the vision of Allah. Neither he wants the pleasures and adornments of the world nor the houries, castles and charms of the paradise. In fact, the men of Divine vision have been absorbed in the ecstasy of Ism-e-Allah Zaat since eternity. Therefore, everything other than Allah is hideous for them. Whosoever makes Ism-e-Allah Zaat his life and soul gets rid of all worries of both the worlds. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
Seeker of Allah gets everything
Holy Prophet Hazrat Mohammad has said about the seeker of Allah:
مَنْ طَلَبَ شَئْیئًا فَلَا تَجِدْہُ خَیْرًا وَّمَنْ طَلَبَ الْمُولٰی فَلَہُ الْکُلّ
Meaning: The one, who seeks a material thing, finds no blessing in it. But the one, who seeks Allah, finds everything.
مَنْ طَلَبَ الدُّنْیَا فَلَہٗ طَلَبَ الدُّنْیَاوَمَنْ طَلَبَ الْعُقْبیٰ فَلَہٗ طَلَبَ الْعُقْبیٰ وَمَنْ طَلَبَ الْمَولیٰ فَلَہٗ اْلکُلُّ
Meaning: The one, who seeks the world, gets it; the one who seeks the hereafter, gets heaven. However, the one who seeks Allah gets everything. (Asrar-e-Qadri)
الدُّنْیَاحَرَامٌ عَلٰی اَھُلِ العُقْبیٰ وَالْعُقْبیٰ حَرَامٌ عَلیٰ اَھُلِ الدُّنْیَاوَالدُّنْیَا وَالْعُقْبیٰ حَرَامٌ عَلیٰ طَالِبُ المُوْلیٰo مَنْ لَّہٗ الْمُوْلٰی فَلَہٗ الْکُلُّ
Meaning: Faqr is my pride and Faqr is from me. The pleasures of the world are forbidden for the seekers of paradise. Moreover, pleasures of paradise are forbidden for the seekers of the world. Whereas the pleasures of the world and the hereafter both are forbidden for the seekers of Allah. One, who finds Allah, finds everything. (Shams-ul-Arifeen)
Special Attributes of Divine Seekers
A special attribute of the seekers of Allah is as under:
اِجْسَامُھُمْ فِیْ الدُّنْیَا وَقُلُوْبُھُمْ فِیْ الْاٰخِرَۃِ الصَّلوٰ ۃِ الدَّیِٔمُونَ یُصَلُّونَ فِیْ قُلُوبھِمْ
Meaning: Their bodies are in this material world but their inwards are in the Divine world. They offer eternal prayer in their inwards. (Asrar-e-Qadri)
Allah is a friend of His Seekers
- Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) said:
مَنْ کَانَ لِلّٰہِ کَانَ اللّٰہُ لَہُ
Meaning: “The one who becomes Allah’s friend, Allah becomes his friend.”
Best Desire and Best Invocation
طلب الخیر طلب اللّٰہ و ذکر الخیر ذکر اللّٰہ
Meaning: The best desire is to seek Allah and the best invocation is of اَ للّٰہُ (Ism-e-Allah Zaat).
Aim behind Devotions
Ali ibn Abi Talib says:
“I do not worship Allah for the heaven or because of the fear of the hell. Rather, I worship Allah because only He is worthy of worship”.
Fate of Seeker of material world
- Ahmad ibn Hanbal relates that Al-Fuḍayl ibn Iyaḍ once said,
Seeker of the world gets oppressed and insulted.” (Chapter 10 Tazkirat-ul-Auliya)
Seekers of Allah are like Philosopher Stone
- Al-Ghawth al-Azam (Ghaus-ul-Azam) Hazrat Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani says about seeker of Allah:
Most of the people are the seekers of the world and the seekers of heavens are less. Whereas the seekers of Allah are very few. In spite of their rarity, they are like philosopher stone as have the ability of transforming bronze into pure gold. Although, they are very rare but they are the protector of the world. Moreover, whole creation gets salvation from calamities just because of them. Only by virtue of them, rain showers and earth gives birth to minerals and fruits. Initially, they wander from one town to another or from one deserted place to another. In fact, when at one place people recognise they leave that place and move to other.
Then, there comes a time, when Divine forts appear around them. Moreover, Allah’s graciousness descends upon their inwards. In addition, the armies of Allah take them into their protection. Now, they become respected and safe. Finally, it becomes obligatory for them to focus on humanity. They become spiritual doctors, and cure the creation of Allah. However, all these things are beyond your perception and intellect. (Al-Fath ar-Rabbani)
Seeker of Allah possesses Courage
- Shaikh al-Akbar Mohiyuddin ibn Arabi says:
Only he is worthy of gnosis who is courageous enough. It means that neither he is a seeker of the world nor of the hereafter but a seeker of Allah. (Exegesis of Fusus al-Hikam)
Iqbal’s Teachings about Seekers of Allah
- Allama Mohammad Iqbal addresses to the seeker of Allah in his mystic poetry. He terms it a business to expect reward in exchange of devotions. Therefore, he advises to worship selflessly:
سوداگری نہیں یہ عبادت خدا کی ہے
اے بے خبر جزا کی تمنا بھی چھوڑ دے
واعظ کمالِ ترک سے ملتی ہے‘ یاں مراد
دنیا جو چھوڑ دی ہے‘ تو عقبیٰ بھی چھوڑ دے
جس کا عمل ہے بے غرض‘ اس کی جزا کچھ اور ہے
حورو خیام سے گزر‘ بادہ و جام سے گزر
- O negligent! Devotion is not a trade with Allah; pray Him sincerely, without expecting any reward.
- O sermonizer! Absolute renunciation only takes you to the destination. Although, you have left the pleasures of this world but you must also quit seeking pleasures of the hereafter.
- One, Allah has special reward for those who perform devotions selflessly. Therefore, you must quit the desire of having castles, heavenly fairies and goblets of wine in the hereafter.
Difference between paradise of Divine Seeker and Scholar
- In Javid Nama Iqbal compares the paradise of a scholar (seeker of the hereafter) and paradise of a Divine lover:
مردِ آزادے کہ داند خوب و زشت
می نگنجد روحِ او اندر بہشت
جنتِ مُلاّ مے حورو غلام
جنتِ آزادگاں سیرِ دوام
جنتِ مُلاّ خورد و خواب و سرود
جنتِ عاشق تماشائے وجود
حشر مُلاّ شق قبر و بانگِ صور
عشقِ شور انگیز خود صبح نشور
- The soul of the lover of Allah, which longs to meet supreme beloved (Allah) cannot sustain in paradise.
- The heaven of scholar (seeker of paradise) is the one that has various drinks, houries and many servants. Whereas the heaven of the lovers is to remain always engrossed in Divine Vision (Deedar-e-Elahi).
- The heaven of mullah comprises of food, drinks and other pleasures. While the heaven of a lover is the Vision of the supreme Beloved, Allah.
- According to the mullah, the Day of Judgment is the day when graves will open up. And the dead will rise on by trumpet of Angel Israfil (Soor-e-Israfil). Whereas a lover sees the doomsday (vision of Allah) before it actually comes.
Sultan Bahoo Teachings about Categories of Seekers
Sultan Bahoo has discussed the seekers of the material world, the hereafter and Allah in his all books. According to him, common people of this world are the seekers of the material world. The pious, worshippers and scholars are seekers of hereafter and they are special people. Most special ones include the Prophets, Saints, faithful and virtuous ones and they are the seekers of Allah.
Search of Murshid is an Obligation upon Seeker of Allah
- Sultan Bahoo rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says:
Know that it is obligatory upon the seeker of Allah to search for the perfect spiritual guide. No matter, even if he has to travel from east corner of the world to the west. Moreover, the defectiveness of an imperfect spiritual guide and his flawed way is visible from the effects of his company. In fact, the initial and final point of the perfect spiritual guide is the same. He is on the straight path. Therefore, he possesses the mystic way of contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. In fact, this path leads to the gnosis and closeness, Oneness and the observation of theophany of the Essence. The more the disciples of imperfect spiritual guide are, the more he is disgraced in both the worlds. As, he keeps them deprived of the gnosis and closeness of Allah. Hence, he ruins them. (Qurb-e-Deedar)
Divine Seekers remain with Truth (Allah)
- However, the seeker of Allah comes with the Truth and takes the Truth with him. Therefore, he never inclines towards the false world or anyone other than Allah. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Essential Attribute of Seeker of Allah
- Who is a true seeker of Allah? The virtuous one who circumambulates the inward (which is the abode of Allah). The one who is perfectly sincere like Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique. Moreover, he is as “just” as Hazrat Umar is and as modest as Hazrat Usman. Furthermore, he fights against nafs and completely resigned to the will of Allah like Hazrat Ali. In addition, he is a man of sharia and Divine secrets like the king of Prophets, Prophet Mohammad. They all are the real seekers of Allah. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
Divine Seeker Dies before his Death
- Until, the seeker does not reach the level of مُوۡ تُوۡا قَبۡلَ اَنۡ تَمُوۡتُوۡا “Die before Death”, he cannot disclose the secret. Moreover, the seeker of this world does not have peace of innerself and thus disgraced. There are many seekers of heaven and its houries and castles. Out of the thousands, there is only one seeker of Allah, who is beloved of the Murshid. Therefore, he is the one who is worthy of being presented in front of Allah. The seeker who desires gnosis (Marifat) and union with Allah must spend all his wealth to gain it. (Taigh-e-Barhana)
Sacrifice Everything for Spiritual Guide
- It is obligatory upon the seeker of Allah to acquire the eternal straight path from his spiritual guide. He must follow the greatest Sunna of the Holy Prophet, which is to donate the entire wealth for Allah. (Qurb-e-Deedar)
Spiritual Guide loves His sincere Seekers
- O dear! You must know that the true seeker is dearer to the spiritual guide than his own life. However, the dishonest seeker who spies on the spiritual guide is his enemy and is like the Satan. Rather, he is worse than Satan is. As Satan, runs away on reciting Lahaul لَاحَوْل but the dishonest seeker does not go away. Even on reciting thousand times, he does not go away. Therefore, he keeps harming the spiritual guide till end of life. (Qurb-e-Deedar)
Efficacy of Spiritual Glance of Murshid upon Sincere Seeker
باھو گر طالبِ صادق چو مرشد راز بر
می رساند طالبان رابا نظر
Explanation: O Bahoo! If the true seeker finds the perfect spiritual guide of Divine secrets, he can elevate him by single spiritual glance.
Veiled or Betrayed Seeker
Know that the veiled seeker is one who seeks worldly respect and honour. Therefore, he is mean, impotent and deprived of the real objective of life. The majdhub seeker eventually turns reprobate while the beloved seeker of Allah is bestowed the laudable end. (Qurb-e-Deedar)
- The seekers are also of two kinds. Therefore, some are courageless and weak, others are strong and brave like the winning soldiers. Who are the weak ones and the winning soldiers? Weak ones are those who fight day and night against the enemies of Allah i.e. the inciting innerself and Satan. While the winning soldiers behead the enemies and everything other than Allah with the sword of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Thence they become safe from the fight. Resultantly, they attain perseverance, which is superior to miracles and high stations. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
Seek Divine Presence
- The seeker of Allah should consider his body as an economy. Therefore, he should have Divine presence during speech and action, eating, drinking, sleeping and waking. As Allah says:
کَمَا قَالَ اللّٰہُ تَعَالٰی ’’ وَ ہُوَ مَعَکُمۡ اَیۡنَ مَا کُنۡتُمۡ ؕ وَ اللّٰہُ بِمَا تَعۡمَلُوۡنَ بَصِیۡرٌ
Meaning: Wherever you are, Allah is with you and Allah monitors best what you do. (Al-Hadid:4) (Ain-ul-Arifeen)
Seeker is indifferent to the World and Innerself
- Who is a seeker?
اَلطَّالِبُ ھُوَ الۡمُسۡتَغۡنِیۡ عَنِ الدُّنۡیَا وَمَا فِیۡھَا
Meaning: The seeker is independent and indifferent to this world and everything that is in it.
On another occasion, he says:
اَلطَّالِبُ ھُوَ الۡمُسۡتَغۡنِیۡ عَنْ ذَاتِہٖ
Meaning: The seeker is indifferent to his own self (also). (Ain-ul-Arifeen)
Seeker submits before Allah’s Will
- The seeker should consider himself the creation, powerful, appointed (by Allah), favourite (of Allah) and blessed. In addition, he should submit to Allah’s will and stay happy with it. However, he should know that the will of Allah is different from the will of His creation. Sometimes, his fate favours him and sometimes, it does not. So, sometimes he faces hardships and sometimes, he finds pleasures. In short, man should try to understand that everything is from Allah. He should accept whatever comes from Allah, show gratification and should be happy. So that, he finds closeness of Allah. Moreover, on the judgment day, he should rise amongst those who are enduring. As Allah says
کَمَا قَالَ اللّٰہُ تَعَالٰی “اِنَّ اللّٰہَ مَعَ الصّٰبِرِیۡنَ
Meaning: Without doubt! Allah is (always) with those, who observe patience.” (Al-Baqarah:153) (Ain-ul-Arifeen)
Seek Perseverance in Invocation
- The seeker should always invocate Allah and should not come out of this state. Moreover, he should find solitude for invocation of Allah. So, he may achieve the station of perseverance in invocation. In this way, he can negate himself and get rid of Satan. Moreover, he should quit the worldly pleasures and lust to have pleasure and contentment in invocation. By doing so, he may get blessings of gnosis and achieves the status of the slave of Allah.
اَلذَّاکِرُ ھُوَالْخَارِجُ عَنْ ذِکْرِ مَاسِوَیٰ اَللّٰہ تَعَالیٰ کَمَا قَالَ اللّٰہُ تَعَالٰی ” وَ اذۡکُر رَّبَّکَ اذَا نَسِیۡتَ”
Meaning: Invocator is he, who leaves everything other than Allah as Allah says ” And remember your Lord that you forget yourself.” (Al-Kahf: 24)
As Allah points out in the Holy Quran
اِلَّاۤ اَنۡ یَّشَآءَ اللّٰہُ ۫ وَ اذۡکُرۡ رَّبَّکَ اِذَا نَسِیۡتَ وَ قُلۡ عَسٰۤی اَنۡ یَّہۡدِیَنِ رَبِّیۡ لِاَقۡرَبَ مِنۡ ہٰذَا رَشَدًا
Meaning: Remember your Rub (Sustainer) so much that you forget yourself.” (18:24) (Ain-ul-Arifeen)
- Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo says, about the seeker of Allah in his Persian poetry:
سر بریدہ شوبیا اے طالبا
اشتیاقے گر ترا دیدن خدا
بے سراں را سِرِّ وحدت پیشوا
بے سرا بینند دیدارِخدا
سر بریدہ بے سرے سرتاج شُد
بے سراں را دائمی معراج شُد
بے سراں را سیر باشد ذاتِ نور
بے زباں خوانند وردِ یا غفور
ہر کہ سر بیند آں دیدن روا
کس نمے بیند بچشمِ سرخدا
- O seeker! If you are seeking vision of Allah then come beheaded
- Only, beheaded can reach the heights of Divine vision, as the secret of Oneness guides them towards Allah.
- Only the seeker who sacrifices his life Allah is crowned and then he achieves eternal Miraj.
- Such beheaded seekers have the Divine presence of light of Essence. Thus, they always remain engrossed in the hidden invocation (zikr-e-khafi).
- The seeker, who sacrifices his life in the True path, only he succeeds to get the vision of Allah. Otherwise, no one has seen Allah with open eyes. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
Seek Allah inwardly
طالب کُن اللہ با مطلب شوی
بے طلب اللہ بے مطلب روی
Explanation: Peruse the desire of Allah in your inward, because, without the desire for Allah, you will remain undesirable. (Mehak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
دم بہ دم دیوانہ بہ ہوشیار باش
طلبِ مولیٰ طلبِ دیدار باش
Explanation: O seeker of Allah! Become mad inwardly (in the love of Allah) but be sensible outwardly. While seeking Allah, seeks only the vision of Allah. (Mehak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
طالباں را بامطلب مطلوبِ خویش
ہر مطالب آئینہ بہ نمودہ پیش
Explanation: The seekers of Allah are always in search of their beloved i.e. Allah. Therefore, the mirror of their purified inward reflects their beloved right in front of them. (Mehak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
Seeker of Hoo is free from Vanity and Pride
کم کسے طالب ز بہر راز ربّ
ذکر فکر و غرق وحدت راز ربّ
ہر کہ طالب ھُو بہ باھوؒ یار شد
رفت عجب لائق دیدار شد
ہر کہ طالب ھُو بہ باھوؒ می رسید
ماسوٰی اللہ غیر را ہرگز نہ دید
Explanation: Very few seekers search for the secrets of Allah. Moreover, they always remain drowned in meditation and invocation of Oneness. Whoever, becomes seeker of Hoo (Insert Arabic) becomes a friend of Hoo. Moreover, pride and vanity vanish from his existence. Therefore, he becomes capable of seeing Allah. Whoever becomes the seeker of Allah, reaches Him and then he does not look at anything except Allah. (Mehak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
Imperfect Seekers counts his services
طالب صادق بود برحق نگار
طالب کاذب بود خدمت شمار
Explanation: The true disciple always keeps his eyes upon the Reality while the mean and false disciple counts his services for his spiritual guide. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
Couplet of Sultan Bahoo
Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo, in his Punjabi couplets says that:
طالب بن کے طالب ہوویں، اُسے نوں پیا گانویں ھُو
سچا لڑ ہادی دا پھڑکے، اوہو تو ہو جانویں ھُو
کلمے دا تو ذِکر کماویں، کلمے نال نہانویں ھُو
اﷲ تینوں پاک کریسی باھوؒ، جے ذاتی اِسم کمانویں ھُو
Explanation: O seeker! Be a true and sincere seeker. Moreover, follow him esoterically and exoterically. So, annihilate yourself in the in your spiritual guide. Furthermore, invoke Islamic creed (Kalma-e-Tayyaba). Achieve the eternal purity by negating everything except Allah, affirming the Essence and by disclosing the reality of Prophet Muhammad. When you will annihilate yourself in Ism-e-Allah Zaat, then Allah will purify you. Therefore, he will remove all kinds of inward and outward impurities from you.
کر عبادت پچھوتاسیں، تینڈی عُمر چار دِہاڑے ھُو
تھی سوداگر کر لے سودا، جاں جاں ہَٹ ناں تاڑے ھُو
مَت جانی دِل ذوق مَنّے، موت مریندی دھاڑے ھُو
چوراں سادھاں رَل پور بھریا باھوؒ، رب سلامت چاڑے ھُو
Explanation: O seeker! Allah has made you for His closeness and unification. But, life is too short. Therefore, attain gnosis before your death. Otherwise, you will regret at the time of death. Moreover, death is always at your doorstep. May Allah, the supreme beloved, be happy with you. However, the world, innerself and Satan have united and taken over your life. Therefore, only the blessing and favour of Allah can make you successful.
Seekers of Materialistic World
- Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo writes about the seeker of the world in Ain-ul-Faqr:
Faqeer Bahoo says that the seekers of world are either hypocrites or pretenders. Moreover, the world is a Satan and its seekers are devils. World is a violence and rebellion, therefore, its seekers are rebellious. Furthermore, world is a hypocrisy and its seekers are hypocrites. World is an impurity and hence its seekers are impure. This world is a lie; therefore, its seekers are liars. Moreover, world is polytheism and its seekers are polytheists. World is an evil, thence its seekers are also evil.
This world is a curse; therefore, its seekers are accursed. Only the irreligious and disobedient fools love the worldly riches. World is an ignorance and its seekers are ignorant. Moreover, world is a prostitute and a worldly man is a cuckold who sees his whore wife in the sensual company of others but does not object. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
Suspicious and Imperfect Seeker
(Jasoos and Naqus Talib)
Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo says about the suspicious, imperfect and impure seeker:
Love for World and Its Seekers
- The one who love, value and respect this world and its seeker, is surely an accursed. (Mohabbat-ul-Asrar)
Imperfect Seekers are in abundance
- Explanation: One can find thousands of disciples who are spies and enemies. However, the true seekers of Allah are only one or two. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Murshid rejects Hypocrite Seeker
- The Murshid never shows affection towards the hypocrite and false seeker nor does he bestow him with gnosis. Hence, the seeker should be pure inwardly as well as sincere. (Fazal-ul-Laqa)
Seeking Wealth from Murshid
- Who is a male seeker (talib)? Who is an impotent seeker (talib)? The impotent seeker is the one who desires to get worldly wealth and riches from Murshid. Whereas, the male seeker is one who spends his life and wealth in search of The Reality (Allah). Hence, he finds it. (Taufeeq-ul-Hidayat)
Insincere Seeker is worse than dog
- A dog is better than a seeker (talib) who is insincere, disrespectful, unfaithful and shameless. Therefore, the disciple who loves the apostate, he cannot gain gnosis. (Fazal-ul-Laqa)
Can Seeker get any Status without Murshid?
- Who is a hopeless seeker? How can a seeker (talib) dare to investigate the status of the Murshid till he annihilates in Murshid? It is not a worth of seeker (talib) to reach the status Murshid until Murshid grants him. He cannot achieve Divine union and beneficence until spiritual guide bless him. The seeker (talib), who tries to overpower the Murshid and spies, stays accursed in both the worlds. (Fazal-ul-Laqa)
Hypocrisy of pharaoh and envy of Nimrod
- I am surprised upon seekers, who talks about Prophet Moses but their inwards have with hypocrisy like Pharaoh. Although, they speak the words of Prophet Abraham but they have envy of Nimrod in their inward. Their speech is full of traditions of Prophet Mohammad but their ignorance is similar to that of Abu Jahl.
فِیۡ قُلُوۡبِہِمۡ مَّرَضٌ ۙ فَزَادَہُمُ اللّٰہُ مَرَضًا
Meaning: “In their inward is a disease. So, Allah has worsened their disease.” (Al-Baqarah:10)
Conclusively, there is one subtle point and if that is understood, then all the problems can be solved. That is, the entire universe including the worlds and heavens belong to Allah. Moreover, only He is its Master and Creator. Then, why to perform devotions for creation as heavens and worlds are His creation. So, one should seek gnosis of Creator not creation. Moreover, the worldly pleasures and heavens bears no meaning in front of gnosis of Allah. If one assumes that he can physically walk towards Allah, then surely, he is wrong. Allah is above time, space, directions, limitations, boundaries and quantities. Therefore, the journey of vision is esoteric journey of self-realization and recognition of the reality of man. This journey of the esoteric self is impossible without Ism-e-Allah Zaat under the guidance of the perfect spiritual guide.