Insan e Kamil
(The Universal Divine Man or Fakir e Kamil)
Insan e Kamil or the Universal Divine Man is the perfect spiritual guide of the era who is the embodiment of Prophet Mohammad and Allah Almighty.
Which is the extreme station in spirituality?
One must understand that even the Vision of Allah is not the perfect and final level of Faqr. This is because there is still a chance of duality at this station. According to the perfect mystics, the final station of Faqr is ending one’s existence and then annihilating in the Essence. Hence, one goes beyond the point of duality. The below mentioned Hadith describes the same concept:
مُوْتُوْا قَبْلَ اَنْ تَمُوتُوا
Meaning: Death before dying.
Spiritual Status of Insan e Kmail
In the terminology of Faqr, this extreme level is annihilation in Hoo ( ھُو ) which is the level of kamil insan (perfect man). Moreover, the realm of First Manifestation (alam al-YaHoot), annihilation and immortality with Allah. Furthermore, it is ultimate union with Allah and this is the station of Oneness of Allah. Hence, he who reaches this point becomes the embodiment of Oneness of Allah itself. This is the most elevated station for human success. In general terminology, insan kamil who reaches this station becomes the ‘Universal Divine Man (al-Insan al-Kamil). However, Fakirs and Mystics (sufi man) have termed this concept by a variety of names in their writings.
Prophet Mohammad said:
اِذَ ا تَمَّ الْفَقْرُ فَھُوَ اللّٰہُ
Meaning: When Faqr is accomplished, that is Allah. (Ain-ul-Ilm)
Who is a Perfect Man?
Undoubtedly Prophet Mohammad is the Insan Kamil Mukamil meaning the most perfect man who rememberance has been exalted by Allah Himself (Warafana Laka Zikrak). When the seeker of Allah reaches the peak of Faqr, he acquires all the attributes of Allah. Consequently, he becomes eligible for the title of Insan e Kamil. Among all the levels of creation, which exist in the universe, man is the most perfect creature. In the entire mankind, Prophet Mohammad is the most perfect and pre-eminent person. He is the complete and finest manifestation of Allah. Moreover, he is the Universal Divine Man (Insan e Kamil) and he is the rightful spiritual successor (representative) of Allah. It is also through his mediation that his spiritual descendants reached this level.
Every Era has one Divine Universal Man
In every era of this world, there is always one person who follows the exact footsteps of Prophet Mohammad who is the most perfect man (al Insan al Kamil). In addition, he completely acquires all his attributes, marvels and excellence. He reaches the highest level of annihilation in Prophet Mohammad (fana fi Rasool). Thus, he becomes his exact manifestation in the world. Allah blesses him with the Divine Trust, as He had blessed His beloved Prophet. This blessed person is the Insan e Kamil of his era. He is the esoteric vicegerent of Prophet Mohammad and Allah runs the system of the universe through him.
There remains no duality at the station of Insan e Kamil
Now the question arises what is insan or Insan e Kami in Sufism? Actually, he is the one whom Sultan Bahoo calls the Insan e Kamil, the perfect spiritual guide (Murshid Kamil). He is the one who implements Faqr completely upon himself. Furthermore, he reaches the level where his being annihilates in Allah and the difference of ‘you and I’ finishes. This is such a unique state of Oneness with Allah, where there is no duality. Hence, his speech becomes Allah’s speech, his sight becomes Allah’s sight and his hearing becomes Allah’s hearing. His walking becomes Allah’s walking and his holding becomes Allah’s holding. Allama Iqbal points towards this level in these words:
ہاتھ ہے ﷲ کا‘ بندہٴ مومن کا ہاتھ
غالب و کار آفریں‘ کار کشا کار ساز
خاکی و نوری نہاد ‘ بندہ مولا صفات
ہر دو جہاں سے غنی ‘ اس کا دل بے نیاز
Explanation: The hand of a true believer Insan e Kamil (the Universal Divine Man) is in fact, the hand of Allah. He is predominant, the authoritative, problem solver and the ultimate help and favour. Although his existence is the combination of soil and light but he possesses all the attributes of Allah. Like Him, he holds all the treasures and riches of both the worlds, yet his inward is indifferent to everything.
Insan e Kamil has Authority of creation and destruction
Ghaus-ul-Azam (al-Ghawth al-Azam) Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani says:
- O man! When you would reach the station of annihilation, then you will get the power of creation. That is the gift of Divine command (Kun). This means that you would have authority of destruction and recreation in the universe. You will have the power to bring change in the world due to which you will run the universe. (Fatuh al-Ghaib)
- Fakir (Insan e Kamil) is not the one who has nothing. Instead, Fakir is he who says, ‘Be! And it becomes’ (Kun Faya-Kun). (Ar-Risala tul-Ghausia)
Insan e Kamil Holds Secret of Ya-Hoo
When Sultan Bahoo reached this destination of Faqr, he said:
- When I reached the ultimate destination of Faqr,the Divine decree came from the majestic court, “You are My Lover.” I submitted, “My humble self is incapable of the love of the Majesty.” Then it was commanded, “You are My beloved”. On this, I kept quite. The sheen of ray of Divinity submerged me into the oceans of Divine engrossment like a mere particle. And the Divine commandment came, “You are exactly Me and I am exactly you. With respect to the Divine Reality, you are My Reality. And with respect to gnosis you are My Beloved and the secret of YaHoo lies in Hoo.” (Risala Roohi Sharif)
Here ‘Hoo’ means the Essence of Allah and ‘Ya Hoo’ means the Mohammadan Reality (Haqeeqat-e-Mohammadia). Whereas ‘Sir`r refers to the completion of the inner journey attaining eternal inner peace after being One with Allah i.e. the level of annihilation in Hoo ( ھُو ). In fact, at this level man reaches the perfection to qualify for the throne of Divine instruction.
When one turns into light, he becomes Divine Universal Man
- About Insan e Kamil, Sultan Bahoo said:
Since the light (Nur / Noor) of the leader of the universe, Prophet Mohammad manifested from the light of Allah. Afterwards, from the Mohammadan light, the entire creation came into being. Hence, the essence of man is light. When, because of his virtues, his inciting innerself, inward and soul turn into light, he becomes the Universal Divine Man.” (Aqal-e-Baydar)
Prophet Mohammad and Insan e Kamil
- The Holy Prophet is the al-Insan al-Kamil the perfect and Universal Divine Man. While all others have attained to the levels (of perfection and proximity to Allah) through him according to their statuses. Hence, they achieved their objectives and destinations and became independent of both the worlds. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
- One must know that the real and perfect man always seeks the vision of Allah. While the imperfect are the fools who always seek the carrion world. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
Insan e Kamil is a treasured maze
- The existence of the Universal Divine Man is a treasured maze of the talisman (wonders) of the name and Essence. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
Here, Sultan Bahoo has called the existence of the Universal Divine Man as that of a talisman. It is because he is the manifestation of wonders and rarities. He knows the secret of reaching the Reality of the name of Allah “( اَللّٰہُ )” and Essence of Allah. This secret is a treasure. It is impossible to find treasure without solving a maze. The Insan e Kamil is a maze and whoever solves this maze, only he recognizes his reality. Therefore, only enlightened inward can recognize the Insan e Kamil as inward. Moreover, the only way to enlighten ones esoteric self is through contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. It is impossible to recognize the Insan e Kamil without contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. However, Ism-e-Zaat takes to the destination only if the perfect spiritual guide has granted it. The one who is the man of Divine Essence i.e. the Insan e Kamil himself.
As Allama Iqbal said:
عمرہا در کعبہ و بت خانہ می نالد حیات
تا ز بزمِ عشق یک دانائے راز آید بروں
Explanation: For years, the soul cries in longing for the Beloved in Kaaba and sometimes in temples. Only then is found the man of the Divine secret (the Universal Divine Man) hidden behind the veil of Divine love.
مردِ میداں زندہ ازاَللّٰہ ھُو است
زیر پائے او جہانِ چار سو است
Explanation: The Universal Divine Man (Insan e Kamil) has eternal life by the blessing of the invocation of Allah-Hoo (Ism-e-Zaat). Moreover, this four-dimensional universe is under his feet.
Divine Essence manifests from Esoteric and Exoteric self of Insan e Kamil
In the Sarwari Qadri order, when the seeker annihilates in Hoo (ھُو) and there remains nothing in his esoteric and exoteric self except Hoo. Then he reaches the status of :-
Meaning: “Only the Divine Essence is manifested in the exoteric and esoteric self.”
Now, he is Fakir, master of the universe and the Universal Divine Man, who is spiritual successor of Prophet Mohammad. He is the perfect spiritual guide, who is the light of guidance.
Inward of Insan e Kamil is a Divine Tablet
The successor of Prophet Mohammad (Insan e Kamil) is present in every era. Although, the Mohammadan Reality manifests every time with a different countenance, through its successors, caliphs and descendants.
- Allah says in the Quran:
وَ کُلَّ شَیۡءٍ اَحۡصَیۡنٰہُ فِیۡۤ اِمَامٍ مُّبِیۡنٍ۔ (یٰسین.12)
Meaning: “And I have encompassed everything in the enlightened leader (Imam-e-Mobeen).” (Ya-Sin-12)
Here, the enlightened leader refers to the Insan e Kamil. Allah has kept all His wills, commands and His universe in a Divine Tablet. In fact, it is the inward of the Universal Divine Man. The inward of the Universal Divine Man is the place where theophanies of the Divine Essence reveal. Furthermore, one cannot imagine its vastness.
Allah instructs to seek guidance from Insan e Kamil
(اَلرَّحۡمٰنُ فَسۡـَٔلۡ بِہٖ خَبِیۡرًا ۔ (الفرقان 59
Meaning: He is the Most Compassionate. (O aspirant to His gnosis!) Ask of Him from someone, who has attained to His awareness. (The unaware does not have any gnosis of Him.)” (25:59)
Insan e Kamil becomes the ultimate manifestation and the mirror of Allah, thus reflects the light of the Essence. He is the embodiment of all the attributes, names and actions of Allah, as the Hadith of Prophet Mohammad explains:
قَلْبُ الْمُوْمِنِ عَرْشُ اللّٰہِ تَعَالیٰ
- Meaning: “The inward of true believer (Mumin / Momin) is the exalted Throne of Allah.”
Moreover, Allah says:
لَایَسْعُنِیْ اَرْضِی وَلَا سَمَائی وَلَکِنْ یَسْعُنِیْ قَلْبُ عَبْدِ الْمُؤْمِنْ
- Meaning: Neither the earth nor the skies can contain Me except the inward of a believer.” (Hadith-e-Qudsi)
Inward of Insan e Kamil is Ism-e-Allah Zaat
Husayn ibn Ali states in his book Mirat-ul-Arifeen:
- “The entire Quran is in surah Fatiha. Surah Fatihais in Bismillah and Ism-e-Allah is present in the inward of ‘the Universal Divine Man’. This is why the Universal Divine Man (Insan e Kamil) is both the abridged and detailed manifestation of all the attributes and Existence.”
Who had initially used the term ‘Universal Divine Man’?
- Shaikh-e-Akbar Mohiuddin Ibn-e-Arabi is the first Mystic who initiated and explained the term ‘the Universal Divine Man’. In his books, Al-Futuhat al-Makkiyyaand Fusus al-Hikam, he has mentioned the attributes of the Insan e Kamil.
Attributes of Insan e Kamil
Now the question arises how to describe the perfect man (Insan e Kamil)? Following are some of the attributes of the Universal Divine Man described by Shaikh-e-Akbar Mohiuddin Ibn-e-Arabi:
- Insan e Kamil is the most perfect of all the creations.
- He is the only creation, who worships and sees Allah at the same time.
- Moreover, he is the true reflection of the attributes of Allah.
- He is above all other creation and he is beyond the boundaries of existence.
- Allah created him in eternity and he will remain forever. He possesses all the attributes of creation as well as the Creator and acts like a bridge between them.
- His relationship with Allah is that which eye has to its pupil.
- Furthermore, his significance to the world is that which a gem has for a ring.
- He is greatest creation, which possesses compassion.
- In fact, he is the soul of the world and the world is its body.
- The Universal Divine Man is the comprehension of slavehood and lordship.Allah is One and His caliph (the Universal Divine Man) is also one (in this world).
- Everything, which exists in this world, is a manifestation of a particular attribute of Allah. That attributive name is its Sustainer. Whereas, the Universal Divine Man is the manifestation of the Ism-e-Allah ( اَللّٰہُ ), which is the comprehension of all the attributive names of Allah. Hence, he is the Sustainer of all the sustainers hence, Sustainer of all the worlds.
Insan e Kamil conceals himself
- Allah says that He has created the Universal Divine Man with both His Hands. ‘Both Hands’ mean the two attributes: Divine Majesty (al-Jalal)and Divine Beauty (al-Jamal). So, the Insan e Kamil is the planner of the world, soul of the world and is hence invisible. Although his worldly existence is that of a spiritual successor but except a few special Saints, no one recognizes him. Hence, he remains concealed. Spiritual successor means the highest spiritual cadre of all eras and he is the Sultan (King) of his time.
Mohammadan Reality manifests itself as there is no prophet or messenger after Prophet Mohammad
- After Prophet Mohammad, there will be neither a prophet nor a messenger who would bring a new sharia or religious jurisprudence. However, Mohammadan Reality will manifest in the form of perfect individual in every era. He will have the status of annihilation in Prophet Mohammad.
- The Mohammadan light is present in everything of all the worlds. Just like water is present in every cell of the tree. The tree whose roots become dry and devoid of water, dies.
- From pre-existence till eternity Prophet Mohammad changes his physical dresses (body) in every era. However, he manifest himself only in the beings of ‘the perfect individuals.
Insan e Kamil is the manifestation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat
- Since, Ism-e-Allah Zaat is comprehension of all the attributes and origin of all marvels. Hence, it is the basis of enlightenment and Sustainer of all the Sustainers. The person who is its manifestation is the exact Essence of Him-chosen to become the Insan e Kamil. In every era, one person is on the footsteps of Prophet Mohammad. In addition, he is the absolute slave of Allah of his era. Moreover, he is the al-Qutb (Qutb) of all the Qutbs or al-Ghawth. He is on the same path as Prophet Mohammad. He unintentionally stays in the subjection of command and proximity of obligatory works of Allah. Whatever Allah has to do, He does it through him.
Insan e Kamil is Ism-e-Azam
In the exegesis of ’Ruh-ul-Bayan’, Shaikh Moid-ud-Din Jindi writes while explaining Surah Fatiha. He explains with reference to Ism-e-Allah:
- Ism-e-Azam(the greatest personal name of Allah), which has become quite popular due to its gradual spread around the world is in fact, meaningfully related to the world of Reality and soul. While literally, it is related to this world of physical existences and apparent words. All the Hadiths, which comprehend the truths of Divine marvels, are the ‘Reality’ and they actually refer to the Universal Divine Man who is present in every era. Moreover, he is the leading Saint of all the Saints. Furthermore, he possesses the Divine Trust and is the absolute representative of Allah. Ism-e-Azam is actually the physical countenance of that perfect Saint (the Universal Divine Man).”
Prophet Mohammad and Insan e Kamil
Syed Abdul Kareem bin Ibrahim Al-Jaili states in his literary work titled ‘Al-Insan al-Kamil’:
- “In the levels of existence, the level and marvel at which Prophet Mohammad is appointed, no other person could achieve that level. The behaviour, conditions and actions of the beloved Prophet Mohammad are a witness that he was unique in these marvels. He is the Insan e Kamil and the rest of the Prophets and Saints adjoins to him the way ‘perfected ones’ adjoin to ‘the Perfect One’. Therefore, they have connection with him just as the ‘distinguished ones’ have connections to ‘the Distinguished’. But undoubtedly, the ultimate and absolute the Universal Divine Man is Prophet Mohammad.
Insan e Kamil is bearer of Trust and Allah’s mirror
The Universal Divine Man is the one who truly deserves to possess all the Personal Names and attributes of Allah. Man cannot see himself except in a mirror. Moreover, Ism-e-Allah Zaat is the true mirror to judge one’s state of innerself. Insan e Kamil is Allah’s mirror. Furthermore, Allah has made it necessary upon Himself to see His names and attributes only in the Universal Divine Man. He is the bearer of the Divine Trust and that is meant by the following words of Allah:
اِنَّا عَرَضْنَا الْاَ مَانَۃَ عَلیَ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالْاَرْضِ وَالْجِبَالِ فَاَ بَیْنَ اَنْ یَّحْمِلْنَھَاوَ اَشْفَقْنَ مِنْھَا وَ حَمَلَھَا الْاِنْسَانُ ط اِنہٗ کَانَ ظَلُومًاجَھُوْلاً۔ (الاحزاب۔ 72)
Meaning: We presented our Trust to the skies, earth and mountains. Everyone refused to bear it but man (the Universal Divine Man) picked it up. No doubt, he is cruel (towards his innerself) and ignorant (of everything except Allah). (Al-Ahzab:72) (Al-Insan al-Kamil)
He elaborates about the Universal Divine Man:
Insan e Kamil is one entity
The Universal Divine Man is the Qutb-e-Alam. In fact, around whom the whole universe of existence revolves from pre-existence till pre-eternity. Ever since the beginning of existence till eternity, he is one Entity. Although one entity but possesses different colorful physical dresses in different ages.
In every era, he appears with a new name that would not go for another of his dress. However, his actual name is Mohammad, patronymic is Abu-al Qasim, his epithet is Abdullah and his title is Shams-ud-Din. In accordance to each physical dress, he has different names. In every era, he has a name according to his physical body of each age. Thus, the Mohammadan Reality manifests itself in every era, in the being of the Universal Divine Man of that age. Therefore, it manifests according to the requirements and conditions prevailing in that age. This Insan e Kamil is the representative of Prophet Mohammad in that era. (al Insan al Kamil pdf)
Universal Divine Man knows all secrets of universe
مسلمان بندہ مولا صفات است
دِل او سرّے از اسرارِ ذات است
جمالش جزبہ نورِ حق نہ بینی
کہ اصلش در ضمیرِ کائنات است
Explanation: A true Muslim (Insan e Kamil ) is an embodiment of all the attributes of Allah. Moreover, his inner self is one of the secrets of Allah. Infact, the one who holds the secret of Allah can only see his Divine Beauty. His roots are in the soul of the universe i.e. he is aware of all the secrets of the universe.
- Ameer Khusro states about this status of Oneness:
من تو شدم تو من شدی، من تن شدم تو جان شدی
تاکس نگوید بعد ازیں، من دیگرم تو دیگری
Explanation: “I became you and you became I. Infact, I became the body and you became its spirit. Now, no one can say our entities are separate.”
Fariduddin Attar says:
دریں دریا کہ من ہستم، نہ من ہستم نہ دریا ہم
نہ داند ہیچ کس ایں سِرّ، مگر آں کس چنیں باشد
Explanation: The river in which I reside, neither do I exist nor that river does. However, no one knows this secret except those who have become exactly like it.
Bulleh Shah and Insan e Kamil
- Bulleh Shah explains it in this way:
ہادی مینوں سبق پڑھایا اوتھے غیر نہ آیا جایا
مطلق ذات دکھایا وحدت پایا شور
رہیا نہ میرا نام نشانی مٹ گیا جھگڑا شور
ہن مینوں کون پچھانے ہن میں ہو گئی نی کجھ ہور
Explanation: The perfect spiritual guide taught us such a lesson that my inward had cleansed from everything except Allah. Thus, the Oneness has overpowered to annihilate my own existence. Moreover, I have reached immortality with Allah after getting annihilation in the Essence of Allah. Now, no one can recognize me, as I am not myself anymore.
How one can achieve the station of annihilation and immortality with Allah?
These levels are of three types:
- First is annihilation in the spiritual guide, second is annihilation in Prophet Mohammad and the third is annihilation in Allah.
One can achieve all these levels by love of spiritual guide. In Faqr, this is ‘metaphorical love’ (which is love for a mortal, Ishq-e-Majazi). Thus, love guides seeker to Divine love (Ishq-e-Haqeeqi).”
Connotation of Metaphorical love
The preconceived notion that metaphorical love is the exchange of love from a man to woman or vice versa is an entirely wrong and satanic phenomenon. Even sharia does not allow it. According to the Mystics and Fakirs, metaphorical love is in fact the medium towards Divine love.
How to develop metaphorical love?
Method used in Mystic ways other than Sarwari Qadri way
Faqr advocates metaphorical love but considers it a synonym for love for spiritual guide. In many of the Sufi orders (sufi doctrine) today, devotees gets the photograph of the spiritual guide to the disciple for contemplation. Infact, it is to generate love for spiritual guide. Actually, it is human nature that he falls in love with the one whose thoughts overpower his mind. This method however is open to deliberate misguidance, which occurs very frequently. Moreover, it is also a form of idol worship. Therefore, in Sarwari Qadri order, no one allows or endorse this form of contemplation.
Method used in Sarwari Qadri way
Sarwari Qadri order does not focus upon levels. For example, the ascension to the realm of angels, the realm of power or ultimate boundary of creation. Infact, its beginning and peak is love and only love can take one to the Divine vision. Whoever involves himself in the attraction of these realms, his journey of Divine vision ends. Divine lovers do not desire anything apart from Allah nor do they focus upon other things.
In the Sarwari Qadri order, love for spiritual guide grows through the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. However, it is compulsory that perfect spiritual guide has granted Ism-e-Allah Zaat. When the seeker starts contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat, he gets the vision of the spiritual guide. Consequently, love for spiritual guide begins.
Two benefits of Contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat
Infact, this is the safest and most beneficial method to develop spiritual guide’s love. First, there is no room for deception because the vision has gained through Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Second, the seeker gains the conviction that his spiritual guide is perfect.
Metaphorical love turns into love of Allah
This initiates metaphorical love, which converts into love for Prophet Mohammad. Finally, it converts into love for Allah, thus drowning the seeker into the ocean of Oneness (Tauheed). In fact, the spiritual guide himself is the manifestation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. So, when the seeker annihilates in the spiritual guide, then he automatically attains Divine union or Oneness.
Infact, Faqr requires no struggle except that the seeker should annihilate in his spiritual guide. From here, he reaches realm of First Manifestation directly. Moreover, Sufis term this process as annihilation in the spiritual guide. At first, he gains the union with spiritual guide. In which the seeker becomes a complete reflection of the inward and outward attributes of his spiritual guide. Moreover, the spiritual guide has already acquired Unity with Allah. Therefore, the seeker gets access to realm of First Manifestation at once.
Most difficult stage in Faqr
Remember that annihilation in the spiritual guide is the most difficult stage of Faqr. One, who crosses this stage, crosses all levels. This is because the spiritual guide is already the Countenance of Oneness (annihilation and immortality with Allah). Hence, the seeker who gets annihilation in the spiritual guide immediately reaches the level of annihilation and immortality with Allah.
- The one who reaches to the realm of First Manifestation, he stays united with Allah even after death. He who gets consistency and steadfastness in this life, his faith remains alive even after death. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
- ‘The Universal Divine Man’ is actually ‘the perfect spiritual guide’. Initially, the seeker reaches the stage of annihilation and immortality with Allah. Only then does he qualify to for spiritual instruction and Divine persuasion. In this regard, Sultan Bahoo has made use of terms such as ‘the perfect spiritual guide. Perfect spiritual guide is the light of guidance and the perfect spiritual guide is the man of Divine Essence. In his work, he has addressed himself as the perfect and accomplished spiritual guide. (Insan e Kamil)
- I am ‘accomplished spiritual guide who is the light of guidance’ and the ‘Absolute Master of the Universe and this is the highest level of the Universal Divine Man.(Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
Different terms for Universal Divine Man
In his writings, Sultan Bahoo uses a variety of terms for ‘the Universal Divine Man’ such as:
- Master of the Universe;
- Lord of the Worlds;
- King of the Knowers;
- Perfect Knower of the QadriOrder;
- King of those who renounce the world for Allah;
- Fakir having commanding authority;
- Absolute authority;
- Perfect Fakir;
- Mystic immortal with Allah;
- The Perfect, engrossed in Allah, Fakir;
- Fakir who is the man of soul;
- The Secret Holder Fakir;
- Fakir whose inner eyes can see everything of every world, concealed or unconcealed;
- The Unique and One with Allah, Saint of highest rank;
- Annihilated in Allah Fakir;
- The True and Real Fakir;
- Knower of Allah who is the seal of all Fakirs;
- The Seal of Faqr, Ultimate Fakir;
- Fakir indifferent to all needs, who has got all the Divine Powers and Treasures;
- Divine Lover Fakir;
- Fakir Dervish or Dervish Fakir;
- Possessor of all the Treasures;
- Fakir who is perfect in totality
All these names refer to the Universal Divine Man. Keeping this in mind; one should read and understand the teachings of Sultan Bahoo.
Allah orders to obey Universal Divine Man
In the Holy Quran, Allah says:
یٰۤاَیُّہَا الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡۤا اَطِیۡعُوا اللّٰہَ وَ اَطِیۡعُوا الرَّسُوۡلَ وَ اُولِی الۡاَمۡرِ مِنۡکُمۡ
Meaning: Obey Allah, obey Allah’s Messenger and he who has authority and command amongst you. (4:59)
Here, (Ulil Amr, who has absolute command and authority) refers to the Insan e Kamil as Sultan Bahoo says:
عارف کامل قادری بہر قدر تے قادر بہر مقام حاضر
Meaning: Know! Perfect Qadri Mystic is omnipotent and omnipresent. (Risala Roohi Sharif)
- He is Ulil Amr the one whose words and orders are never rejected, as said:
لِسَانُ الْفُقَرَآءِ سَیْفُ الرَّحْمٰن
Meaning: Tongue of Fakirs is the sword of Rehmam.
His words are the Divine command. Whatever he says is done by the command of Allah, whether sooner or later. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
Authorities of Insan e Kamil
- Know that Fakir is at the greatest level of closeness to Allah. Therefore, he is the companion of Allah and always envisions Divinity. Thus, he holds the level of (Undoubtedly! Allah has power over everything). In addition, he is Fakir Master of the Universe. In fact, this Saint is the Mystic, scholar of Divine knowledge and has a clear conscience. He is Ameer-ul-Kaunain Lord of both the worlds and the whole creation both part and totality is its prisoner. The entire exegesis of Divine Tablet is within his study. He remains spiritual present in the Mohammadan Assembly. He has power over the spirituality of those who live within graves. Because he has power over everything and the manifestation of (Verily, Allah is dominant over everything). (Aal-Imran-26) (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
- This world is merely a step for Fakir. He steps into the hereafter and steps up from there through complete trust upon Allah. Then he places half his step in gnosis and Oneness of Allah. And the remaining half in the perfect level of Faqrcalled (where Faqr reaches perfection, there is nothing but Allah). (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
Three stages of Fakir
- ‘Know that a Fakir has three stages:
The first is where the Fakir follows Allah and leaves everything apart from Allah. This is annihilation in Allah.
Moreover, the second stage is . Here he follows the Sunna (Sunnah / Sunnat) of Prophet Mohammad and remains engrossed in the vision of Prophet Mohammad. This level of the Fakir is annihilation Prophet Mohammad.
Furthermore, the third level of Fakir is and this is the level of annihilation in spiritual guide. Due to these levels, the Fakir rules and overpowers through his spiritual vision and attention. He crosses the levels of life and death due to the beneficence of the Islamic creed . (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
- You should always obey the commands of the Fakirs, as, whoever disobeys the Fakirs, is disgraced in both the worlds. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
- The perfect Fakirs are those who are the favourite men of Allah and perpetually present in the Mohammadan Assembly. Infact, they do not separate from Allah and Prophet Mohammad even for a moment. Although, they apparently talk to common people but inwardly they are in the company of Holy Prophet. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
- Fakir is the beloved of Prophet Mohammad, he is the lover of Allah and Prophet Mohammad is his lover. At this point, lover, beloved and love are all the same. Therefore, there is no room left for Divine union and hence, no existence of Divine separation. Thence, these levels belong to those who have annihilated in Allah, Prophet Mohammad and Shaikh.
The Enemy of the Insan e Kamil (Fakir)
Sultan Bahoo says about the enemy of Fakir (the Universal Divine Man):
- The enemy of Fakir is infact the enemy of Allah. (Mohabbat-ul-Asrar)
- There are three enemies of Fakir (the Universal Divine Man) who keep this world their ally. It include the hypocrite; the envious one; and the atheist. (Asrar-e-Qadri)
- The enemy of Fakir (the Universal Divine Man) is not free from these three things:
- Dead inward and envy whose tongue does not verify what his heart says.
- He is a liar, hypocrite or polytheist.
- Is the seeker of the world and would not get any place in paradise. (Aqal-e-Baydar)
- The enemy of Fakir does not know anything about Allah and thus deprived of the intercession of the Holy Prophet. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
- Whoever rejects Fakirs or denies their grand status, he remains disgraced in both the worlds and remains perplexed. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Point to ponder
Come! Let’s search for the Universal Divine Man (Insan e Kamil) and start the journey of Faqr under his guidance and company. Hence, this would allow us to become a whole from merely a part i.e. we reach Oneness, annihilation and immortality with Allah or Divine Unification. In short, journey of a traveler to a guide is only possible through the perfect spiritual guide. Without him, the completion of the journey of Faqr and all the stations and levels is merely a fake story.
Point to ponder Insan e Kamil of the present era
Sultan ul Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman is Insan e Kamil of the present era. Sultan ul Faqr 6th transferred Divine Trust to Sultan ul Ashiqeen on 21 March 2001. Tehreek Dawat e Faqr celebrates this day every year as Milad e Mustafa regarding Transference of Divine Trust.
Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Bestowed Spiritual Succession to Naeem Abbas
Thank you for the great article
Thanks, it is very informative
Thanks, it’s very informative
I like the report
Thanks, it’s very informative
This is actually useful, thanks.
Thanks, it’s quite informative
Thanks, it’s very informative
Thanks for the terrific guide
This is actually useful, thanks.
Thanks, it is quite informative
Thank you for the excellent article